now open for applications
apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
DESCRIPTION AND CURRICULUM
* This training is 300 hour advanced training and will qualify you to receive your 500 hour from Yoga Alliance.
* Prerequisites: 200 hour teacher training, prior teaching experience, dedicated personal practice, inspiration, passion and mindfulness.
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is for those teachers and practitioners who want to advance both their career and their practice. Advanced Yoga means moving beyond the scope of asana and physical into a more integrated practice. It means living in a world with more alignment and peace, using power versus force both in life and on the mat. But it also means acquiring proficient skills in teaching those deeper aspects of yoga according to your student’s needs in a way that is inspiring and inspirational.
Running over a course of 8 months, and taught by expert and world-renown teachers, this Advanced Yoga Teacher training course will give you the skills to become a community leader, inspirational teacher, and a skillful practitioner and professional. Students will refine skills such as teaching, assisting, alignment, intelligent sequencing as well as integrating subtle aspect of yoga and yogic lifestyle into their practice. If you feel like it’s time to deepen your knowledge, challenge your practice, and develop your own voice as a yoga teacher, then this course is right for you! Swaha Yoga Center is a Yoga Alliance Registered School. Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 Level upon completion of the program.
- Asana (Alignment, energy movement, preparatory, strengthening, counter, assists, variations, modifications, props, transitioning, sequencing, miscellaneous) *Tanya, Tymi, Swami Nirvikalpa
- Vinyasa Krama (intelligent and orderly placement of event from beginning to end) *Tanya
- Yin Yoga Training (more than 25 Yin Yoga poses, alignment, energy channels, 3 tattvas, yin and yang, tension/compression, sequencing) *Tymi
- Pranayama (Basic Breathing Methods, Expanding the Breath Capacity, Balancing, Tranquilizing, Energizing, Asana, Bandha and Mudra relevant to Pranayama, levels and progression) *Tanya, Swami Nirvikalpa
- Bandha (Granthis, Jalandhara, Uddiyana, Moola and Maha Bhandha. Application in Asana and Pranayama) *Swami Nirvikalpa, Tanya
- Shatkarmas (neti, dhauti, nauli, basti, kapalbhati, trataka, relationship to Doshas and advanced yogic practices) *Swami Nirvikalpa
- Relaxation Techniques *Tanya
- Qualities of effective and inspiring teaching (language and voice, verbal vs, physical adjustments, touch and art of assisting, observation and demonstration, intelligent sequencing according to theme, level and desired effect, themed course curriculums, practical application of anatomy, kinesiology and the biomechanics. *Tanya
- Subtle Anatomy (in depth theory and practice of Prana, Vayus, Nadis, Chakras, Koshas, Gunas, Doshas, and their applications in yoga classes) *Swami Nirvikalpa
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers (in-depth study and analysis of Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and Vedanta Philosophy, yogic lifestyle, professional competence and integrity) *Tanya
- Mantras, Meditation and Chanting *Tanya
- Diet of a Yogi *Tymi Practice (teaching, assisting, observation, mentorship) *Tanya
- Business of Yoga Profession (establishing oneself, gaining financial livelihood, effective marketing, planning, organizing, advertising for success, managing/owning a yoga studio) *Tanya, Tymi, Swami Nirvikalpa
- Yoga Retreat with Tymi Howard – Bhakti Yoga Immersion (integrating bhakti, kirtan, mantra, and philosophy into a vinyasa yoga class) or
- Yogic Lifestyle immersion with Tanya Popovich at Swaha Yoga TTC (a week in a residential TTC, asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy and community life)Students will be required to attend 10, teach 10, observe 10 and assist 10 classes at Swaha Yoga Center during the 2016/17 season with one of the 3 teachers. There will be reading and writing assignments and classes to teach during the training program. A final written and teaching project will be given at the end of the program. Each participant will be closely mentored.
MEET THE TRAINERS
Tanya Popovich E-RYT 500, Master of Yoga YVFA, Jivamukti Yoga, Teacher Training Director
Swami Nirvikalpa Senior Teacher, Yoga, Meditation and Yogic Lifestyle Consultant, Master of Yoga www.yogastudio.gr
Tymi Howard E-RYT 500, International Yoga Teacher and Presenter, Holistic Health Coach
INVESTMENT & CANCELATION POLICY
€ 2250* by start of the training
€ 2450* Payment plan
€ 450 deposit to reserve your spot
*non-inclusive of tax
To apply please send an email to email@example.com titled ADVANCED YTTC APPLICATION along with a copy of your 200-hr teacher training diploma.
Limited number of partial work-study scholarship available. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tittle your email AYTTC SCHOLARSHIP INQUIRY.
Cancelation Policy Deposit is non-refundable
If you need to cancel your participation in the program, refund is as follows:
50% refund for cancellations up to 40 days from the beginning of the training.
20% refund for cancellations up to 20 days from the beginning of the training.
For cancellations after 20 days before the beginning of the training, there is no refund.